Looking for Athens GA homes for sale? Here’s a little history for you! Athens-Clarke County, GA is located in the northeastern part of the state and is best known for being the home base of the University of Georgia in Athens, GA, it’s county seat. Also well known for its dynamic downtown, cultural diversity, attractive architecture, and strong commitment to historic preservation and revitalization, Athens, GA marks the starting point to Georgia’s Antebellum Trail. Stop and see the T.R.R. Cobb house, the Taylor Grady House and the Church-Waddel-Brumby House, which are great architectural examples of early 19th century living. Like Trivia? Here are a few interesting facts about Athens!
- Population 123,912 (as of 2015 estimate) (including students)
- Approx. 125 square miles – smallest land area of Georgia’s 159 counties
- Athens-Clarke County is the 19th most populous of Georgia’s 159 counties and 5th most populous of Georgia’s 535 cities (2010).
- Included zipcodes: 30601, 30602, 30603, 30604, 30605, 30606, 30607, 30608, 30609, 30612
- Includes these cities: Athens, Winterville, and part of Bogart
- Best known for University of Georgia (chartered in 1785) – County’s largest employer, then Piedmont Athens Regional
- 25 Best Places to Retire in 2015 (Forbes, 2015)
- America’s Prettiest Towns (Forbes.com, 2013)
- Coolest Small Cities in America (GQ, 2010)
- One of a Dozen Distinctive Destinations
- (National Trust for Historic Preservation, 2009)
- “#1 College Music Scene that Rocks”
- (Rolling Stone, February 2003)
Millage Rate (FY17)
(property tax rates)
$150,000 home in 2017
(estimated – other exemptions may be possible)
Athens GA homes for sale (Athens-Clarke County, GA and surrounding areas) listings are below.
Sorry, but we couldn't find any results in the MLS that match the specified search criteria.