- Population 123,912 (as of 2015 estimate) (including students)
- Approx. 125 square miles – smallest land area of Georgia’s 159 counties
- Athens-Clarke County is the 19th most populous of Georgia’s 159 counties and 5th most populous of Georgia’s 535 cities (2010).
- Included zipcodes: 30601, 30602, 30603, 30604, 30605, 30606, 30607, 30608, 30609, 30612
- Includes these cities: Athens, Winterville, and part of Bogart
- Best known for University of Georgia (chartered in 1785) – County’s largest employer, then Piedmont Athens Regional
- 25 Best Places to Retire in 2015 (Forbes, 2015)
- America’s Prettiest Towns (Forbes.com, 2013)
- Coolest Small Cities in America (GQ, 2010)
- One of a Dozen Distinctive Destinations
- (National Trust for Historic Preservation, 2009)
- “#1 College Music Scene that Rocks”
- (Rolling Stone, February 2003)
Millage Rate (FY17)
(property tax rates)
$150,000 home in 2017
(estimated – other exemptions may be possible)
Athens GA homes for sale (Athens-Clarke County, GA and surrounding areas) listings are below.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 1/19/2021)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.